Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Devil's in the Details

At times like this when it's not really practical to do much clothes shopping, I do tend to turn my attention to all the little details and accessories I could use to alter and augment my look instead. After all; earrings will still work and scarves will still coordinate whether I'm 7 months pregnant or 6 weeks postpartum.

So what sorts of little trinkets am I looking forward to possibly gifting myself with this Christmas?

1) I'm a sucker for plaid and I love this scarf from Zara. If I could have button-down shirts and throw blankets in this sort of plaid, too, I'd be on it all in a heartbeat.

2) Much as I tend to have my mobile in my pocket, it feels like a very grown-up thing to have a proper watch to wear...and I'm pretty picky about watches. This Wanderlust watch from Feral would be loads of fun, and just slim enough in the band not to get on my nerves.

3) I don't usually go in for cocktail rings, but when I spotted this one from Crave Jewelry over on Diana's blog, I had to admit it looked pretty cute. And I like a nice way to add some pops of colour to my wardrobe...especially in the winter, and especially when I keep finding myself drawn to lots of greys and other neutrals in my clothes.

4) Seriously, I don't know what it was that made me change my mind so much about leopard print. These Russell & Bromley shoes would be a lovely addition once my feet are down to a normal size again!

5) This Anna Joyce clutch is gorgeous. Yes, I'll be spending most of my time toting nappy bags around over the coming months, but for those times when I can get away with nothing but a clutch, something like this would do the job perfectly.

6)  I've been loving my new necklace from Edor Jewelry. Anyone who's been following me on Twitter or Instagram has caught sight of my snaps of it...I've been wearing it most days lately. I'm getting in all the wear I can before it has to be traded in for a while in favour of more baby-friendly jewelry!

Anything you've been coveting lately? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. That ring tickles my fancy as well and the whole list is amazing. You know how much I love Edor and I need that clutch. Stay cozy, sweetie. Talk to you soon:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you've come to your senses about leopard print! Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alison! I think I had to finally see it in context to prove that it wasn't always tacky. Once I had the proof, I was sold. I'm already dreading the day when my leopard-print heels wear out!

    ReplyDelete