Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Success!

Well, people, I have loads to catch you up on. A new laptop, Christmas, the trip up to Leeds for a friend's wedding, New Year's, and the other runs in the last week of my Holiday Running Streak. But for now, suffice to say that I managed to finish my streak on a high note.

That's right: my longest run yet. Just over 10 miles with the Husband along the canal and through town. I admit, my knees were starting to punish me by the end. It's been far too long since I've done more than maintain the minimum, so I wasn't really up to snuff for a run of this distance, but all things considered I wasn't doing too badly. My splits (the pace over successive miles) could have been better, but at least with 2.5 months to go until Fleet I'm looking in decent shape to push for just under a 10:00 mile pace over the whole course.

Meanwhile, I'm looking ahead to how I'm going to keep pushing through my running in the new year and I've got plenty of blog posts to update everyone with. Everything from watching E dancing at Christmas to homemade pasties to a return to the Mommy Mondays outfit posts.

But for now, let me revel on my awesomeness while I munch a BBQ chicken pasty...


No comments:

Post a Comment