Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Holiday Running Streak, Week 2

Today's run finished Week Two of my attempt to keep up with the #RWRunStreak. I've really been enjoying myself so far. I have to admit, there are plenty of days where I scrape by with the bare minimum: and I'd like to fix that. But, the point is, I'm doing it. I've made it 14 days so far and run at least a mile on each and every one. Here's this week's run down:

Thursday: Another run in the dark to go meet the Husband on his way home. We kept good time and E enjoyed his usual Family Run Nap. Mileage: 3.14 miles.

Friday:  Since the Husband's bike was temporarily incapacitated, we decided to do another family run together that evening. We decided not to get too ambitious and kept it as brief as possible, doing the shortest route we tend to run together. Mileage: 3.14 miles.

Saturday: Grim Day! Though E was suffering through a fever, Saturday was when we ran the Grim Challenge. I dosed the little man up with Calpol, gave him a good nursing session before we headed out, and then he napped for the better part of two-and-a-half hours while the Husband and I ran the Grim course. My favourite obstacles? The mud and the log run. Brills. Mileage: 9 miles.

Sunday:  On the first Sunday of every month, it's now tradition to head over to the in-laws's and have a lovely roast dinner together. The problem? Between that and church, I totally forgot about my run until we got back home. The Husband was a great support and encouraged me to get out and at least do my token mile so as not to break the streak. It may have been nearly 10 o'clock at night, but I did it. Mileage: 1 mile.

Monday: Another nighttime run. We were having no luck with wheeled transport this week: just as soon as the Husband got his bike fixed, I found a puncture in the tyre of our jogger when we were about to head out for a run in the daylight. That plan scuppered, I waited to run until the Husband came home so I could pound out a quick mile without trying to push a lame jogging stroller. I also ran, for the second time, in my Converse All-Stars while waiting for my trainers to dry out post-Grim. Mileage: 1 mile.

Tuesday: Finally, back to normal! My trainers were dry enough to wear, the Husband had patched the puncture in our tyre, and E consented to be bundled into his snow trousers and coat for a quick run to drop a card in the post. Mileage: 1 mile.

Wednesday: Yeah, this has been the week to lay down on the job a bit: aside from the Grim I've pretty much done nothing but 1-milers. Though, we have a walk to the library later today, and with the Husband working in Winchester, I may head out for another run together in the evening to calm the screaming beast that is my son this week. At least this morning I managed to run, shower, type 2 blog posts, do some video editing, and (in about 3 minutes) watch some Downton Abbey all without waking my little monkey from his nap! Supermom, FTW. Mileage: 1+ miles. 

And of course since I have to be accountable day-to-day, not just on the weekly scale, here's this week's Instagram roundup. #picsoritdidnthappen


My goal with this streak for the next seven days? To run at least 2 miles each day, not just one. I might as well do it while it's still relatively easy. Come the beginning of Christmastide (you know, the legit 12 Days of Christmas), things will get much harder: especially with a family reunion and a wedding to attend in the middle of it all! Get ready to see me get really inventive with how I keep this running streak going.

No comments:

Post a Comment