Sunday, November 25, 2012

Instagrammit!

So, my sister-in-law Rachel over at Make A Long Story Short did a lovely retroscopic of the past year of her life, as filtered through Instagram. In the spirit of sharing the love, I'm joining in.


I haven't had Instagram for a full year, though. I only updated to an Android-supported smartphone (from Heaven only knows what system on my Nokia smartphone) back in April. Therefore, the actual Instagram content of this list amounts to less than a year. It was difficult to decide whether to rate the year part of the title higher than the Instagram part, or vice versa. In the end, hipster film-grain and cross processing won out and I've stuck to just my Instagram photos for the continuity of aspect ratio. Yes, I'm that much of a dork that this involved of a process was required to think through this decision. In my defense, I was the layout editor of the yearbook in high school.


That was oddly difficult. In case this list didn't make it obvious, I've always had a problem with whittling down to the essentials. I used to pack enough clothes for 8 different outfits for a weekend trip because I changed my mind about what I wanted to wear so many times. I was that kid.

There are some pictures I love simply for the decent photography my phone camera managed...like the horse chestnut. Most of them are fun moments with my ever changing baby boy. Others are places that are beautiful to me. Two are reasons why the Husband is an adorable husband. One is a hilarious afternoon getting my nephew, Henry, to make silly faces. All of them are fun times I'm glad I captured.

Be ready for more Instalove over the coming weeks as I keep up with this running streak challenge. I've had a blast documenting my progress so far, and especially with the Grim in less than a week (eeek!) you can expect plenty of fun photographic blurbs as I run through all sorts of English countryside, villageside, and crusty townside. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment